WHAT IS GYNAECOLOGY?
Gynaecology is a part of healthcare that deals with diseases of the female genital tract and women’s health. This means diseases of the uterus (womb), fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix (opening of the womb), vagina, and vulva (external genital organs). Since health problems in these body parts can happen to everyone, gynaecologic health is important.
WHY CHOOSE AIMIS FOR GYNAECOLOGICAL SURGERY:
AIMIS Gynaecology Division is equipped with the latest robotic equipment for surgery on the female reproductive system. Robotic gynaecological surgery is carried out by experienced specialists who have the additional benefit of using the latest Da Vinci robotic Xi system which has greater capabilities and precision. With 8 arms it allows physicians to perform complex procedures with minimal entry points.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING MINIMALLY INVASIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR GYNAECOLOGICAL PROCEDURES:
- Small Incisions – Minimal Surgical Scars
- Faster Return to Daily Activities
- Reduced Trauma to the Body
- Reduced post-operative complication
- Reduced Risk of Infections
- Less Post-Operative Pain
- Quicker Recovery Time
- Shorter Hospitalization
- Fewer Complications
- Little or No Blood Loss
AIMIS’S GYNAECOLOGICAL DIVISION FOCUSES ON:
- Endometriosis – Minimally Invasive Endometriosis Resection (da Vinci), Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy, Ovarian cyst excision, salpingo oophorectomy (fallopian tube removal with ovary(ies), Ureter re-implantation, intestine resection, lysis of adhesions, adhesiolysis.
- Female genital prolapse / Herniation – Pelvic Prolapse Surgery – Cystocele, Rectocele, Enterocele
- Fistulae involving female genital tract – Minimal Invasive Surgical Repair, Fistulae Resection
- Non-inflammatory disorders of ovary, fallopian tube and broad ligament – Oophorectomy (Ovary Removal) or salpingectomy (Fallopian Tube Removal)
- Cervical Dysplasia (Cervical Precancerous Abnormal Cell growth) – Conization (Cone Biopsy/Removal), Cryotherapy, Laser Evaporation
- Vagina Dysplasia (Vaginal Precancerous Abnormal Cell growth) – Cryosurgery (freezing), Electrocauterization, Laser surgery, Large excision of transformation zone (LETZ), Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Vulva Cancer – Vulvectomy with/without inguinal lymph node resection
- Vulvar Condylomata or common known as Genital Warts – Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) – Condylomata surgical removal
- Ovarian cysts – Cyst enucleation (removal), Oophorectomy (Ovary removal), salpingo-oophorectomy (Fallopian Tube and Ovary Removal)
- Uterine Myoma – Uterine Fibroids – Myoma resection (Myomectomy), Myoma enucleation (removal), Hysterectomy
- Uterine malformations – Malformation resection and reconstruction of the uterus
PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Further information on this disease area and types of treatments are coming soon. Please revert back or fill out the contact form outlining your query and we will happily get back to you.